MANCHESTER GARDEN SUPPLIES LTD are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to communicate with you regarding your order and secondly to provide you with the best possible customer service. We may send you e-mails from time to time showcasing Manchester Domestic offers and promotions, however you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of such communications.
When placing an order with us we will ask you for the following details:
• Phone Numbers
• Email Address
• Credit/Debit card details
This information, with the exception of your card details will be stored on our internal systems as a customer of Manchester Domestic. We will never collect sensitive information about you and once payment has been made we have no access to your card details. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We will not transfer or sell your information. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of personal information
We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
• To send you updates regarding the status of your enquiry or order
• To send newsletters and details of relevant offers and promotions
• To improve the design and content of the manchesterdomestics.co.uk website
• To understand the buying behaviour of our customers
• To invite you to review our service and products or to offer an extension to your product warranty
• When you place an order we need to know your name, address, e-mail and telephone number. This allows us to contact you regarding the progress of your order, and arrange delivery with you.
Your Email Address
• Your e-mail address will be used to communicate with you about your order and products purchased.
• Your e-mail address may also be used for Manchester Domestic marketing purposes but you can unsubscribe at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all such marketing communications.
We have designed our website to protect the information we collect online from unauthorised access. We safeguard your private information by implementing the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedure necessary to protect your privacy. To further protect your security, we also take the reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal profile or making data changes. We are committed to protecting your privacy and have security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personal information.
We do not store any card details when you buy online and if you order over the telephone our call recording system pauses automatically when you give us your card details. Once payment has been made we have no further access to your card details. From time to time we may need to validate your personal information with our Identity Verification Partner WorldPay to protect ourselves and the cardholder against fraudulent transactions.
Improving our service
Manchester Domestic does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. To better tailor our services to our customers’ needs, we use non-identifying and aggregate information to help us make decisions on how to improve Manchester Domestic. We also share this generic information with our advertisers and other interested, reputable parties with whom we have established a formal business relationship. For example, we may tell advertisers which areas of the site have received the most customer traffic overall, or more specifically, how many customer types have visited certain pages. However, we do not disclose the identifying information of individual customers with advertisers. We also do not use or share the personally identifiable information submitted to us by any other means without providing our customers the choice to opt-out or otherwise bar such unrelated uses.
Your details may be shared with third parties including our review partner TrustPilot, our Extended Warranty partner UK Warranty and our e-mail marketing partner Pure360. In the unlikely event of a product recall we may share your details with the Manufacturer. If you have any queries about our Privacy Statement or you wish to stop receiving any information about us and our associated services you can e-mail us at email@example.com
The above privacy statement may not be applicable in all countries of Manchester Domestic visitors or registered community users, as security policies may vary according to the individual Internet laws in each host country.
Manchester Domestic may from time to time share your details with third party analytical resources for the purposes of better understanding customer behaviour and performance, website performance, improved ad relevance and any other analytical process to give Manchester Domestic a better understanding of how to develop its offering to its customers. These third parties will be employed solely for the purpose of the aforementioned analytical purposes, and as such Manchester Domestic will ensure that the third party is contractually obliged to use the data only for the analytical purposes set out in the agreement between Manchester Domestic and the third party, and Manchester Domestic will also ensure that the third party is contractually required to maintain a level of security around the shared data, at least as safe as Manchester Domestic itself employs. Failure on the part of the third party to meet its contractual obligations will result in Manchester Domestic recovering the data, and taking all reasonable actions to ensure the third party no longer has access to the shared data. Any third party cookies used on Manchester Domestic will adhere to the same standards as first party cookies and not collect any personally identifiable information.
What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a text file containing information that can be remembered by a web browser between pages. When an individual uses a web browser to access the internet their browser can create cookies which are stored on the user’s computer. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software. They are purely a string of text and numbers.
Are stored by the user’s web browser even when the web browser has been closed, so that the next time a user goes back to the website that originally set the cookie, the web site can read information back from the cookie.
Persistent cookies have an expiry date which controls when they are automatically deleted. This can be anything from a few minutes to several years, depending on your own browser settings.
Only last during a single visit. When you close your web browser the session cookie information is automatically removed from your computer.
The Manchester Domestic website uses session cookies for two purposes:
1. Two session cookies are set that temporarily store a unique identifier for each visitor to the website. This identifier is a random series of letters and numbers and doesn’t contain any personal or identifiable information. It is used to help count the number of visitors to the Manchester Domestic website.
2. Two cookies are set by the computer systems that run the Manchester Domestic website. These cookies are used as part of the process of sending web pages to the user’s web browser and are essential – no website using Microsoft technology will work without these cookies.
Manchester Domestic use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
2. Manchester Domestic use their own cookies to remember which items a customer has put into their basket. By using a persistent cookie for this, a customer can close their web browser and come back to the Manchester Domestic website subsequently and still be able to access items that had been put into their shopping basket on a previous visit. This cookie is essential for the functioning of the Manchester Domestic website as without it customers would be unable to place items into the shopping basket. The cookie lasts for 1 year but is cleared once an order has been placed.
3. Manchester Domestic also use a cookie to remember a user’s website preferences such as preferred language, currency and delivery country. The first time a customer visits the Manchester Domestic website they are asked to confirm this information which is then stored in a cookie set to last for 1 year. Without this cookie the customer would have to re-enter their preferences every time they visit the website.
4. A number of persistent cookies are also set by the computers that run the Manchester Domestic website. These cookies are solely used to record technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No personally identifiable information in stored in these cookies.